Higher Nationals in Computing
Unit 14: Web Design
Lesson 1: Online Project Management
Projects work best when they are planned, and their progress
monitored constantly. One of the oldest tools to aid planning
is the Gantt Chart which simply lists all the tasks needed yo
complete the project with their expected start and end dates.
Microsoft Project is one of the most widely used tools used to
create Gantt Charts.
However there is a lot more to managing a project than creating
a Gantt Chart. Online Project Management systems typically offer
Task Lists, Milestone Lists,Calendars, Wikis for documentation, shared files
blog sites, forums, and issue tracking.
- Choose a suitable Project
- Decide on who will be part of your development team
Register the project leader
, and create the project
- Add a summary of the proposed project
- Add the team members and tutors as project users
- Add and agree on the Milestones
- Schedule a team meeting to define the project features
Git Version Control Systems
Register for an Account at
- Use your College email address for unlimited account
- Create an empty repository for your project
- Share repository with team and tutor
Install Git Extensions for Windows at Home install
Git Tools into Visual Studio 2015.
Use Git VCS at Home
Project and Class Blogs Sites
WordPress Admin Pages
- Register Users
- Add a Post to the Site